The Geeks' Den: Xbox 360 RROD - Red Ring of Death

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.igeekden.com and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Xbox 360 RROD - Red Ring of Death

Ahh the red ring of death, one of my friends texted me last week, asking if I knew what "3 red lights" meant when he turned his xbox 360 on. I immediately phoned him back and let him know the bad news....that his Xbox is suffering from the well-known overheating problem (amongst online xbox circles) also called the "Red Ring of Death - RROD". Why does electronic gear (namely anything to do with Microsoft) all have some sort of colour "OF DEATH" associated with them? Like the also infamous Blue Screen of Death - BSOD for Windows PCs, this doesn't doesn't help their cause i'm sure.

Back to the problem at hand, I've spent a number of hours "researching" (Googling in my case) some solutions, but I don't really have the time to sit down and pull apart xbox's for friends. Oh I can see a niche market in my town if someone would startup an Xbox repairs and modding shop. So I told him to ring Microsoft because apparently they have a 3 year warranty now for Xbox's experiencing this problem. Not the best solution, because it’ll probably take 4-6 weeks turnaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment