The Geeks' Den: Work Around: Windows 7 needs installation Disc/DVD to start/boot.

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.igeekden.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Work Around: Windows 7 needs installation Disc/DVD to start/boot.

When booting my main PC without the Windows 7 installation DVD I come up with something like:

Bootmgr missing

I have had the same issue with the latest Windows 7 RC 32bit and 64bit on my main PC. However not on my other PCs I have installed (they each only had one HDD installed). It looks as though when I have multiple Hard Drives whilst installing is what is causing the issue.

By unplugging all drives when installing Windows 7 RC this seems to eliminate the problem and Windows 7 installs and then runs fine without requiring the installation DVD to boot up.

No comments:

Post a Comment